HELP WEEK is a week designated to encourage Child Welfare Professionals. The purpose of National HELP Week for Child Welfare Professionals is to provide some H.E.L.P. to the child welfare professionals that are working in our government agencies. The men and women who are working in the child welfare system are the true heroes. Child welfare workers have a “thankless” job. Many work tireless hours without appreciation or respect. They are trauma victims and the walking wounded of local government agencies.
H— Honor: in public and private honor and respect with your words and actions
E— Encourage: affirm the workers by sending a note of encouragement or call to speak a word of encouragement, make a banner to place outside the office of a local agency.
L— Love, Acts of Kindness: provide a dessert fellowship, provide gift cards or cater a lunch for the agency.
P— Prayer: Wrestle in Prayer: This is the most important! Please take the time this week to “cry-out” to the Father on behalf of the child welfare professionals in your community.
• One activity quarterly for DSS Region 1 Adoptions, Region 1 IFCCS and Region 1 Licensing
• $5 Gift Cards or cookie or brownie tray for lunch
• DSS workers often take children to lunch when they are meeting with them.
• $5 Gift Cards to McDonalds, Chick-fil-A, or Sonic
• The cart is to provide children a snack while they are in the DSS office.
Snack Cart Items:
• Water Bottles
• Juice Boxes
• Animal Crackers
• Individual fruit flavoured snacks
• Individual bags of chips
• Baby snacks
A Home For Me—Foster Care and Adoption Network would love for every DSS office in South Carolina to have a supply of Car Kits. The goal for South Carolina is 300 Car Kits. This is a very attainable goal if we partner together.
Car Kit Items:
Here is how your ministry or small group can help.
1. Purchase a box— by paying $30 to A Home For Me Inc.
2. Purchase items to complete a box and send to:
PO Box 178
Greenwood, SC 29648-1178